As planned and agreed by minister, get ready for more traffic starting next year 2008. Jakarta planned to build 6 more inner city highways (Jalan Tol Dalam Kota) as complement to existing circle highway.
As we will be happy to use it when it is completed, but construction will take 3-4 years to complete. Should be easy to imagine where the traffic jam will be since it will be build in the middle of city. Even – I guess – it will be more hectic than current development of busway.
Newspaper only describe 6 highways without detailed map.
- Kemayoran-Kampung Melayu (9,66 km),
- Duri Pulo-Tomang-Kampung Melayu (11,38 km)
- Rawa Buaya-Sunter (22,6 km),
- Sunter-Pulo Gebang (10,8 km),
- Pasar Minggu-Casablanca (9,55 km),
- Ulujami-Tanah Abang (8,26 km)
By googling a bit, finally I got the brief map of proposed new highways, (as described as 6 Peta Rencana Jalan Tol Dalam Kota), subject to change because government has to buyback the occupied land to build highways.
Here is the map. Click to enlarge.