some luck, my blog got listed as #1 entry in Google if you search
"telkom flash" keyword. But my previous
was only intended to explain pricing scheme.
Now I want to provide with more details about instruction to connect to Telkomsel Flash (yeah, remember that this product name is Telkomsel instead of Telkom).
Stage 1: Activate The Card
1. Get yourself Telkomsel SIM Card: Kartu Halo (postpaid), Simpati or Kartu As (prepaid)
2. Register for 3G Service first, by sending text "3G" to number "3636"
3. Upon receiving activation confirmation (up to 24 hours, but usually just in a hour), proceed with sending text "flash" to number "3636"
4. You'll get another confirmation that your SIM Card is ready.
Stage 2: Connect to Internet
This steps varies from users to users depends on mobile phone or data card. You can choose to use Telkomsel provided USB Modem Card (that is branded as Flash in its body, but actual product is Huawei E220 that is compatible to Windows, Linux, and Mac), or find another card such as Sierra 3G Card, or use your 3G/3.5G Mobile Phone.
Huawei E220 is quite expensive, around IDR 2 millions, or wait several months again until price is drop. I recommend using mobile phone such as Sony Ericsson (start from IDR 1.7 millions), LG (start from 1.6 million), and Nokia (you know it will not be cheaper that SE).
Now I assume you use mobile phone as I do. I am using Sony Ericsson M600i with MacBook.
1. Install PC Suite for your PC/Laptop, make sure Modem Driver is installed and phone is detected.
2. Create a dial-up connection, fill phone number with apn "flash"
3. Now try to dial-up
4. When connected, try open any website for the first time. You will be redirected to Telkomsel Flash homepage to choosethe package (sometimes it got discounted). After deciding your package, then the counter will be soon started.
Play wisely because it is time-based!